B4i (iOS) + Hosted Builder
- Brand: B4x
- Product Code: B4i (iOS) + Hosted Builder
- Availability: In Stock
B4i is a development tool for native iOS applications.
B4i follows the same concepts as B4A, allowing you to reuse most of the code and build apps for both Android and iOS.
This is the only development tool that allows you to develop 100% native iOS apps without a local Mac computer.
- Apple developer account (costs $99 per year).
- An iOS device running iOS 8+.
The compilation process requires a Mac computer. You can either use a local Mac computer or use our Hosted Mac Builder service (currently costs $26 per year). Note that if you use a local Mac computer then you can develop with the iOS simulator which does not require an Apple developer account.
- Learning resources
- Creating a certificate and provisioning profile
- Installing B4i-Bridge and debugging first app
- Local Mac Builder Installation (only if you are using a local Mac builder)
Hosted Mac Builder
The builder service allows you to develop iOS applications without a local Mac computer. All of the development steps can be done with the builder service including the final step which is uploading the application to Apple App Store. Note that the builder is currently limited to projects of up to 50mb.
If you are less experienced with Mac OS then it is recommended to start with the hosted builder even if you have access to a local Mac computer.
Frequently asked questions
Q: Is there a trial version?
A: No, however we offer 30 days of full money back guarantee (including the Mac builder service).
Q: Can I reuse my B4A code?
A: A large portion of the code can be reused. See this example.
Q: Can I use a local Mac if I purchase the hosted builder option?
Q: Does B4i compile 64 bit apps?
A: Yes. When you compile your app in Release mode the compiled app includes binaries for both 32 bit and 64 bit architectures as required by Apple.
- Perpetual license
- 2 months of free upgrades
- Full access to the forums
- Hosted Mac Builder (1 year)
- Licenses are per developer. Each developer requires a single license.
- Applications developed with B4A, B4i, B4R or B4J are royalty free.